Local Government NSW (LGNSW) is a registered industrial organisation of employers who represent member councils in both the state and federal industrial jurisdictions in a wide variety of matters.
LGNSW is the employer party to the major industry award covering Local Government employees, the Local Government (State) Award 2017.
What We Do
- Represent Local Government employer interests when lobbying other spheres of Government on industrial and workforce development initiatives.
- Make submissions.
- Appear in employment related matters before courts and tribunals, and in the negotiation and making of awards affecting councils and their employees.
How We Support Member Councils
- Representation before the Industrial Relations Commission (IRC), Administrative Decisions Tribunal (ADT) and Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC).
- Providing advice on award compliance, industrial, HR and WHS related matters.
- Resolving industrial issues and grievances at the local level; formalising enterprise agreements and consulting and negotiating with employees and their union or other representatives.
- Coordinate a council HR Network which meets in Sydney to discuss topical and Local Government HR and Industrial matters.
The IR Unit also prepares LGNSW’s annual submission to the NSW Local Government Remuneration Tribunal.