NSW Election Priorities 2015
In December 2014 LGNSW launched its priorities for the 2015 state election.
LGNSW’s State Election Priorities 2015 (PDF, 293KB) outlined to all political parties and candidates contesting the 2015 NSW election the issues of significance for councils and the communities they represent. It also included LGNSW’s proposed solutions.
In the document, LGNSW called on all parties contesting the upcoming election to address and respond to areas of concern by commitments on the following core themes:
- Greater autonomy in governance
- Autonomy in council revenue raising
- Fair funding for shared infrastructure and service responsibilities
- Agreed pathways on voluntary structural reform
- Mutual positioning on social policy priorities
- Improved environmental legislation and settings
- Balanced land use planning.
NSW Election Priorities
Responses on Priorities by Parties
LGNSW has summarised all party's responses to the priorities (PDF, 172KB).