Who We Are
LGNSW is the peak organisation that represents the interests of NSW general and special purpose councils.
LGNSW aims to strengthen and protect an effective, democratic system of local government across NSW by supporting and advocating on behalf of member councils and delivering a range of relevant, quality services.
LGNSW achieves this by:
- Actively and persuasively representing the views of local government to the NSW and Australian governments
- Providing effective, responsive and accountable leadership to member councils
- Providing a comprehensive range of high-quality services and policy advice to members
- Increasing the capacity of local government to deliver quality services and meet the needs of local communities across NSW
- Enhancing the profile and building community trust in and awareness of local government.
Find out more about the services provided by LGNSW (PDF, 248KB).
View LGNSW’s Policy Platform.
View LGNSW's Code of Conduct.
To view the ‘Registered Rules of the Local Government and Shires Association of New South Wales’ please go to the Fair Work Commission website.
View the list of LGNSW Board Members.
LGNSW employs approximately 60 staff in our Sydney CBD office.
Senior Management Team
Chief Executive - Scott Phillips
Director, Member Services - Lillian Tiddy
Executive Manager, Communications and Media - Toni Allan
Executive Manager, Corporate Services - Jennifer Trute
Executive Manager, Advocacy - Kelly Kwan
LGNSW also owns a subsidiary company, Local Government Procurement.