Looking for a Locum or a specialist to undertake a short-term project? We may be able to assist you. LGMS assists councils to ensure their business continuity by sourcing and placing General Managers and Senior staff into short term assignments. Current legislation allows a temporary appointment of a General Manager for up to a 12-month period and other senior management and specialist positions for an ongoing period.
LGMS has a network of highly experienced former General Managers and senior staff who are available for temporary assignments with councils requiring their services. The benefits of engaging one of our Locums are:
- Locums are fully equipped to ‘hit the ground running’
- Disruptions to councils’ operations are minimised
- Councils have the flexibility to time the recruitment of the new General Manager to suit their business needs and demands
- Senior staff levels are not disrupted which provides business continuity
- Councils can enjoy a fresh set of eyes on their operations and benefit from the experience that our Locums have gained over many years on the job.
Expression of Interest
LGMS is calling for suitably qualified and experienced senior managers and specialists/professionals to register your interest in temporary contract roles within local government in NSW. To be considered you must meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency status;
- For GM positions – at least eight years’ experience as a senior manager in a complex organisational environment preferably at GM level (within local government);
- For Director/Specialist/Professional roles – at least five years’ experience in your profession and experience working in a complex organisational environment (preferably within local government);
- Degree qualifications;
- Ability to relocate to regional and rural locations if required;
- A current ABN number;
- The ability to obtain Professional Liability and Workers Compensation Insurance;
- A current drivers’ license and
- At least two recent work referees.
For more information, please contact our team.