LGMS assists councils to ensure business continuity where a vacancy in the position of the general manager occurs. Current legislation allows a temporary appointment of a general manager for up to a 12 month period and other senior management and specialist positions for an ongoing period.
LGMS has a network of highly experienced former general managers and senior staff who are available for temporary assignments with councils requiring their services. The benefits of engaging one of our Locums are:
- Locums are fully equipped to ‘hit the ground running’
- Disruptions to councils’ operations are minimised
- Councils have the flexibility to time the recruitment of the new General Manager to suit their business needs and demands
- Senior staff levels are not disrupted which provides business continuity
- Councils can enjoy a fresh set of eyes on their operations and benefit from the experience that our Locums have gained over many years on the job.
Expression of Interest
LGMS is calling for suitably qualified and experienced senior managers and specialists / professionals to register your interest in temporary contract roles within local government in NSW. To be considered you must meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency status;
- For GM positions – at least eight years’ experience as a senior manager in a complex organisational environment preferably at GM level;
- For Director / Specialist / Professional roles – at least five years’ experience in a complex organisational environment, preferably in local government;
- Degree qualifications;
- Ability to relocate to regional and rural locations if required;
- An current ABN number;
- A current drivers’ license; and
- At least two recent work referees
To register your interest, your response to the above criteria, together with your CV can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact our team.