The Events Team at Local Government NSW run seminars throughout the year to address issues pertinent to council events. The meetings encourage the exchange of information, education and networking amongst local government staff involved in staging and facilitating events.
Our aims and objectives:
- To build a community amongst events professionals in NSW councils.
- To support learning and development through knowledge sharing.
- To educate and facilitate networking opportunities through regular meetings.
Membership of the LG Events Network is only available for NSW Local Government staff and LGNSW staff with email addresses ending in ‘nsw.gov.au’ or ‘lgnsw.org.au’.
No matter your role, if you’re involved in organising council events, this network is for you.
To become a member please email the LGNSW Events Team.
LGNSW Events team host a private online forum for NSW Local Government staff and LGNSW staff. The network is a great way to share ideas and facilitate discussion about relevant issues in local government.
More information to follow.
If you would like to host one of the meetings please contact the LGNSW events team email@example.com.
Protocols & Guidelines
- DPS's Toolkit for Accessible and Inclusive Events
- Accessible Events Guide (PDF, 243KB)
- Accessible Events Checklist
- Aboriginal Cultural Protocol
- Guidelines on flying the Australian flag
- Australian Honours System
Public & School Holidays
Education & Information