LGNSW Election Priorities 2019
On behalf of councils, Local Government NSW (LGNSW) called upon parties and candidates contesting the 2019 state election to commit to 12 priority areas to improve liveability and help local government deliver better infrastructure, services and outcomes for communities.
- Save recycling
- Fund public libraries properly
- Fund local infrastructure
- Restore planning powers to communities
- End cost shifting
- Allow greater financial independence
- Support disadvantaged communities
- Protect ownership of local water utilities
- Renew the intergovernmental agreement with LGNSW.
- Fix local government electoral and expenditure laws
- Allow fair superannuation for mayors and councillors
- Address skills shortages in the sector