Local and Regional Economic Development
Local Government plays a key role in local and regional economic development.
Local Government NSW has long-standing economic development policies that include the benefits of:
- Utilising and improving local resources and services.
- Community Economic Development initiatives.
- Government, businesses, community partnerships and consultation.
- Social and Economic planning and strategies.
- Maintaining and improving economic and social infrastructure.
We participate in working/reference groups and panels and engage with government, strongly representing the interests of Local Government. We also lobby governments to provide funding and programs to support economic development.
Inquiry into the Economic and Social Development in Central Western NSW (2011):
- Submission (PDF, 144KB).
- Hearing Schedule (PDF, 111KB).
- Western Australia Drought Policy Review response (2011) (PDF, 37.1KB).
National Review of Drought Policy (2008):
- Economic Assessment of Drought Support Submission (PDF, 192KB).
- Social Impacts of Drought Submission (PDF, 207KB).
- Response to review report (PDF, 48.5KB).
Earlier Key Submissions