Local Water Utilities Policy Advisory Group
The LGNSW Board has established a sub-committee of elected representatives to provide it with advice on policy and advocacy matters impacting on Local Water Utilities (LWUs), as resolved at the 2017 Annual Conference.
Role of the advisory group
Key features of the LWU Policy Advisory Group, as set out in its Terms of Reference, are:
- Its primary purpose is to provide LGNSW with input and advice, from an elected representative perspective, on policy and advocacy matters impacting on LWUs.
- It is not a decision-making body.
- Its membership is limited to 10 elected representatives (including the chair).
- Membership includes representatives from councils with LWUs that are not currently represented on the Board.
- The Board’s representative on Water Directorate’s executive committee serves as chair.
- LGNSW provides administrative support.
- The chair of the Water Directorate’s executive committee, or their delegate, is an observer.
- The group meets on an “as needs” basis, with business primarily transacted remotely.
- No remuneration or reimbursement of costs is payable to members.
Advisory group members
The Board invited eligible councils to nominate one of their councillors to join the advisory group. Eligibility was limited to those councils responsible for providing water and sewer services and that are not currently represented on the Board. Nominations closed on 14 September 2018.
Eight valid nominations were received, and all eight nominations were accepted.
The Board congratulates those councillors appointed to the advisory group and looks forward to working with them.
The advisory group consists of:
|Name||Council||Local Water Utility|
|Cr Rod Kendall - Chair||
LGNSW Board representative
|Cr David McCann||Coolamon Shire||Goldenfields Water|
|Cr David Somervaille||Blayney Shire||Central Tablelands Water|
|Cr Jim Maxwell||Tamworth Regional||Tamworth Council|
|Cr Kathryn Bell JP||MidCoast||MidCoast Council|
|Cr Robert Mustow||Richmond Valley||Richmond Valley Council|
|Cr Bill West||Cowra Shire||Cowra Shire Council|
|Cr Greg Verdon||Lockhart Shire||Riverina Water|
|Cr Sharon Lesley Cadwallader||Ballina||Rous Water|
|Mark Hely||Senior Policy Officer - LGNSW||n/a|
|Wayne Beatty (Observer)||Chair – NSW Water Directorate||n/a|
The advisory group will hold its inaugural meeting on 6 December 2018.